To develop, produce, and promote artistic excellence in taiko performance, using taiko as a way to strengthen and build community in the Midwest.
We are the springboard for two resident taiko groups in Minnesota:
To book either group, please click here.
WHAT WE DO
- Concert and tour production
- Ongoing studio taiko classes for all levels of experience
- In-school residencies
- Master class workshops
- Lectures and leadership workshops
- Community performances
- Corporate or private performances
- Support and train taiko artists
- Facilitate artistic collaborations
- To increase public awareness, appreciation, and access to taiko in the Midwest
- To create moving and transforming taiko performances
- To nurture, promote, and train taiko artists
- To create, explore, and expand the taiko canon of work
- To maintain the connection and integrity of taiko's Japanese and Asian American cultural roots.
- To use taiko as a tool of healing, empowerment, and self expression for individuals and communities
- To provide access to taiko to our community, especially those with limited resources, limited visibility, or special needs